tldr; Station is building the operating system for SaaS, basically we are not only building a web browser, but more than that. We were elected #1 product of 2017 on Product Hunt. We are a team of 6 based in Paris, we just came back from 3 months in San Francisco attending YCombinator (W18) and we are backed by top tier investors from Silicon Valley. Station is an atypical project from a product perspective, you might love it if you like the challenge. We are looking for a our first Product Designer experienced in UI/UX to join the team.
Has anyone ever offered you to build a better web browser from the ground up? Well here it is!
The story behind Station
The idea of Station started with the frustrations we all face using the #1 work application: the web browser. The 50+ tabs mixing up in a cluttered interface and the interminable search for a piece of information among 20+ SaaS applications were the triggers for Station. Our work deserves better!
We started from a blank page and, brick after brick, we’ve built Station: a working environment directly inspired by today’s new ways of working.
You can read more about the motivations behind Station here. And if you aren’t already a user of Station, you can get your own idea about Station on https://getstation.com: we are craving for feedbacks.
We've built a rock solid team for that. Today, we are 6:
- Mathieu, Joel, Hugo and Alexandre are rocking the most technical aspects of the product
- Georges and Julien are making the business grow like crazy
Our users are delighted:
- we went from 10 to 8000+ users using Station every day at work (5 hours per day on average)
- we are now #1 product of the year 2017 on Product Hunt
- we’ve built a community of users with whom we work, day in day out, on the evolution of the product.
That’s very rewarding from a builder point-of-view!
Our mission, your next mission
We envision Station as an operating system for SaaS applications. It means that we want to push the interface experience further for our users, integrate perfectly with every SaaS application, open the platform to developers, help companies manage their stack of SaaS applications, etc.
Our goal is to put Station in the hands of the 10+ million working people around the world!
The engineering challenges for the next few months include:
- build (experiment actually 😉) the next UI experience of Station (the search, the notification center, the widget system..). If interested, we can show you mind-blowing mockups.
- support for password managers and Chrome extensions
- the Station extension SDK
- the API
- Station application registry that’ll run on a modified version of the NPM registry architecture
From a technical point of view, Station is a very atypical and challenging product. The most tricky part is Electronthat we are pushing to its limits. We are regularly throwing Electron Meetups in Paris to stay in touch with the community. We also work with ReactJS, Redux and a classic NodeJs stack. We are eager to try new technologies that can accelerate our workflow.
- You have the startup mindset 💻 ☕️ 😎 → getting things done, autonomy and rigor 👮🏻
- You are very curious to discover what's under the hood and like the associated challenge
- A fulfilling, challenging work experience building a new web browser from scratch! 🚀
- Competitive salary and equity ✨
- A paid retreat to Silicon Valley this year and off sites across Europe! 🇺🇸
- Access to the YCombinator network in the US 💪
- Last generation Mac laptop 💻
- Lunchr card for food 🍜